Monday, September 17, 2007

The Birds

Yup. The birds. Remember the movie? The birds lost their flippin' minds and just wanted to kill, kill, KILL! Nobody suspects the birds. I mean, they weigh like....nothing and are mostly wee sized. They make chihuahuas look like heavy weights. Nobody ever suspects the damn birds.

So there I was, walking my precious little fella, Smoky Joe. We were sniffin' every tree trunk, not leaving a blade of grass pass by without inspection. Minding our own business mostly except to leak a little here or wiz a little there. Beautiful day it was here in NoDak. Winter will be here soon but today there is no need for doggy sweaters and boots. Just us and the tinkling of his tags and the clicking of his toenails on warm concrete.

Did I suspect the birds? NO. About a block away from home a bird was chasing another bird and the two of them zipped by my head so fast that I felt the breeze and heard "wooooof" in my ear. I winced and ducked in panic as they bulleted up into the tree canopy and out of sight. I was awash with a wave of chill. Smoky Joe and I scampered along and tried to play off the bird taunting. I wonder if any of the neighbors saw!

Nobody ever suspects the birds....

2 comments:

TrueMirage said...

that movie totally freaked me out. especially the scene at the end when they're just sitting around everywhere. *shiver*

paintandink said...

Hi Ellen -- thanks for stopping by my blog and your awesome comment!

Birds are dangerous... very dangerous... I think they're trying to hold onto their dinosaur heritage...